The 2012 Summer Enrichment Program applications are available at the Cattaraugus Education department. This is a six week enrichment program full of fun educational experiences including language and culture, health presentations, and many outdoor activities for students entering K - 9. Program dates/ times are July 2 - August 9, 2012, Monday - Thursday, from 8:30 - 3:30. Applications will be accepted until June 11, 2012.
Archives for April 2012
Walk your way to good health
Walking is one of the most popular ways to get fit. It's one of the safest, simplest, and least expensive options to increase your physical activity level and improve your overall health; however, even this simple exercise can be more effective when proper technique is used. To help you get the most out of your walking program, Independent Health encourages you to use the following tips.
Proper Walking Techniques
• Head up: Avoid looking at the ground. Keeping your head down can strain your back, neck and shoulders. Instead, keep your head up (chin parallel to the ground) and eyes forward. Enjoy the scenery around you!
• Posture perfect: Stand up straight with your stomach pulled in and your shoulders down, back and relaxed. Good posture for walking allows you to breathe well.
• Up in arms: Let your arms swing naturally at your sides as you walk. Good arm motion can help you breath better and keep you from tiring.
• Stride right: Fall into a natural stride that feels comfortable to your body. Build Your Own Walking Program
• For general health benefits: Walk 30 minutes a day, most days of the week, at a "talking" pace (i.e., enough to elevate breath…
Reminder: If you know an enrolled Seneca college student (ages 18-25) who is looking for a summer job - Vision 2020 is an option! Please have them contact Chanda Grey at the Allegany Education Department for an application. Nya:weh!
The Tribal Youth Council is fundraising for the Unity Conference 2012.
Find them at the Saylor building, Cattaraugus Territory, on Thursday, April 12th. They'll begin selling at 11am and continue until they are sold out. Choices are Taco in a Bag or a Hot Dog.
Call 532-3341 x5088 to place an order.
Allegany Education is looking for qualified, interested, and hard-working student's ages 14 - 25 years of age.
We are announcing our summer Vision 2020 Internship program and applications will be available on the following dates and times. Be cognizant of these dates and times as they will be strictly adhered to.
Applications available for…
*Enrolled College Students (ages 18 - 25): April 13th with a deadline of May 4, at 4:30 p.m.
*High School Students (ages 14 - 18): May 11th with a deadline of June 8, at 4:30 p.m.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS - LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.